Thursday, October 2, 2014

Windows 7 + Windows 8 = Windows 10

Windows 10 Technical Preview running under Windows 8.1
Being an early adopter, as I am, I have now a full installation of Windows 10 Technical Preview running under Hyper-V in a virtual machine (probably the safest way to give it a try) within Windows 8.1 (which I started using back in 2012).  For a preview version, a work in progress, it is pretty stable, so far, and it runs smoothly with all the familiar features you are accustomed to using both in Windows 7 and Windows 8. Windows 10 has the best of both worlds plus all the goodies of a new release: more frequent updates, more power to developers and regular users and keeping abreast of developments in IT (Cloud, desktop and mobile computing). The most notable feature is the comeback of the "Star Menu" which now neatly incorporates the signature Windows 8 "Tiles" and therefore a more desktop-centric operating system, though you can also use all the touch screen functionality in Windows 8. I feel that now all Windows 7 and Windows 8 users will be on the same page with Windows 10. While I continue playing with this, in my view, great operating system, I will gather more information about features, tips and tricks to share with all of you in my next posts. You can also register as an "insider" to get this software.


No comments:

Post a Comment